Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Driver's Prayer - Reformatted

"Lord, ilayo niyo po ako sa mga pasaherong 'di nagbabayad."

Upon riding a jeepney home yesterday, I can't help but notice the signage whose words I've written above. It was the first time I have ever seen something like it. I just have to face the fact that even if I rely on the said PUV for my everyday transportation, I was not actually well aware that a new sign has already been added to the Philippine Jeep's Interior Collection of Incredible Signs. Some of which include "God knows Hudas not Pay", "Bayad Muna Bago Baba", "Pull String to Stop" (or its somewhat suggestive Filipino counterpart, "Hilain Mo, Ititigil Ko,"), "Basta Driver, Sweet Driver" (the most overused of the lot), and many other more.


My featured statement above could and would easily invoke a smile or a laugh from people. But if we are going to try to look at it and also the first two other examples I have cited more closely (Is this for real? We' re analyzing a jeep signage?! =p), we see the the Filipino driver's plea for his passengers' honesty. I really feel bad for my (jeepney) driver when my co-passengers don't hand in the proper fare. Sadly, most of the people whom I see not giving pamasahe are policemen. Aww.

So when we encounter a grumpy driver, we can now supply at least a single reason: his prayer was not anwered for the day. If you don't want to pay your pamasahe, have someone pay it for you! Pay! Pay, for heaven's sake - and the driver's as well.

Oops. Nope, my father is not a jeepney driver. Hehe. =p


Share:
I still haven't got a kid for the MMDST thingie due on January 4, 2006. I'm a poor soul. =c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home